Friday, January 23, 2009

Liar, Liar

This will be a short post about a short song for a short week.

Point is, with the holiday and the snow day, it was a short week.  Appropriately, the song I got stuck in my head fit the truncated work schedule.

"Liar, Liar" by the Castaways is fantastic.  It was their hit, reaching number 12 on the charts in 1965.

I think, though, it was the video I found on YouTube that caused me to listen to this song so much.  Check it out. Dancing party chicks and everything.

That is all.  Carry on.

-La Barba Rossa

Listen to Mystery Roach every Saturday from 8-10 am for Garage, Prog, Psychedelic, Fusion and noise from the 60s and 70s.

2 comments:

  1. Looks as if noone else has posted anything. So for a first entry and initial start to this blog about the Castaways' song, "Liar Liar", here goes.
    Songs of this certain sound, of the likes which bounce around in one's head all day, are really fun when heard the first time. Especially if a person doesn't have clue as to who the artist might be. So there you have it: an irksome, catchy, and addictive song in your head, forcing you to resaerch its origins.
    This scenario happened to me three months ago while tuned into Sirius radio. And after a few days of attempting to identify the song, I sadly gave up.
    But thanks to Mystery Roach, and WKNC's excellent playlist archives, I now have my answer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Liar Liar" is fantastic, and I try to spread the word of its existence as much as often as I can. The song is one of the highlights of the first Nuggets compilation as well as the excellent "Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels" soundtrack. I regularly have this song stuck in my head.

    ReplyDelete