Thursday, February 12, 2009

Unable to listen to WKNC on the radio?

WKNC's normal radio siginal range

Have you been unable to listen to WKNC on your radio recently?

Our engineers tell us that is because our transmitter has been operating at "reduced power" since Sunday, February 8, 2009.

What this means in plain English is that our radio signal isn't going out as far as it used to. My heart sank when I heard this too but our engineers are hard at work on it. Sometimes you might hear some static when they are up on top of DH Hill library seducing the transmitter. We should be back up to normal range soon.

In the meantime, show us your love and listen online at http://wknc.org/listen/

8 comments:

  1. I am pissed some kinda bad over this! I have been listing to 88.1 for 15 years! Im not a student, I am a fan! Please tell them to give ya'll some juice to sent the soundwaves of perfection across the land!! WKNC RULES!!!!

    Trevor Peoples
    Blue 47

    ReplyDelete
  2. NOBODY seduces a transmitter like a WKNC Engineer.

    "Why yes, that IS a electric screwdriver in my pocket, and I AM happy to see you."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering what was going on. I live near wake tech and i havent been able to get a signal for a month!!!
    whaaaaaaaaaah :((

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering why I couldnt hear it today. I turned my stero up thinking I had the volume down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not to bad north of Creedmore-it would be great without the slight buzzing in the background sometimes. Im a daily listener. KNC is the best station I've heard than any station I have heard throughout the U.S.!! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Come on guys! It's been a month now! What's going on? Everytime I turn on 88.1 in my car the same 5 songs are looping over and over and over again. I'm getting extremely tired of listening to the other radio stations.

    This is an engineering college! Should I sign up to fix your transmitter for my senior design?

    Get it done!!!

    -slightly frustrated wknc fan!!!!LKJ:KJDFLKJF

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe this isn't fixed yet. Since I moved to Durham from San Francisco in August, KNC was practically the only station I listened to, but I have totally given up - the STATIC make you UNLISTENABLE. On the bright side, I've become very well educated from listening to all that NPR...

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're Givin' it all she's Got, Captain!

    We hopefully will be getting things back on track soon!

    ReplyDelete